Food Safety of Michigan offers a one-day class curriculum which includes:
- pre-reading study guide
- same day test results
ServSafe® Food Protection Manager Certifications are honored in all 50 states. Upon receiving a grade of 75% or greater, you will receive your Certificate before leaving the class.
Contact Us Today for more information: (586) 980-3301
Michigan Food Manager Certification Classes – Food Safety of Michigan (586) 980-3301
If you are searching for top rated Michigan Food Manager Certification Classes, please contact Food Safety of Michigan at (586) 980-3301 or click here to learn more about our classes.
Certified Food Manager
Many Michigan food establishments must employ at least one certified food manager.
Food Law (see section 2129 & 7106 for actual language regarding manager certification requirements)
These rules, as written, allow the Michigan Department of Agriculture & Rural Development (MDARD) to issue statewide variances. MDARD has issued statewide variances to the manager certification requirement for certain types of establishments.
Local health inspected establishments that must have a certified manager include:
- All food service establishments (e.g., restaurants, bars, schools, hospitals, mobile food establishments, and special transitory food units) except:
- vending machine locations
- temporary food service establishments
MDARD inspected establishments that must have a certified manager include:
- A food service establishment within a retail grocery.
- Extended retail food establishments. These are typically grocery stores with a deli and seating.
- Establishments that press apple cider. These establishments shall have at least 1 active employee currently certified by passing an approved food manager certification examination or having completed a current approved safe cider production course. Cider Manager Food Safety Certification and GMPs.
- Mobile food establishments
- Special transitory food units (STFUs)
Contact the inspecting agency with any questions.
Becoming Certified or Recertified
To be certified you must pass an ANSI/CFP nationally accredited exam once every 5 years. To prepare for the exam, most individuals take a class (in person or on-line) or self-study. Exams are proctored and must be taken either at an approved testing site or are given at the end of a course by an approved instructor.
For experienced and trusted Michigan Food Manager Certification Classes, call Food Safety of Michigan at (586) 980-3301.